One Month in...



So after a weekend of great gaming on the 11th and 12 and two vigilus campaign games in I have only played one game... of kill team. That being said, I have done some hobby stuff, but alas, not much gaming.

Hobby update: The Stompa factory is continuing. I am collecting and nesting more pieces and have a better understanding of what I want to build with it.  I have magnetized the arms, the choppa, shoota, and lifta-droppa arms, and the head...partially. So I am able to take it off the main pieces and leave the body as scenery.

    


 The arms look great, but I messed up on the polarity of the magnets and I cannot have the shoota arm (upside down) and the lifta-droppa on the stompa at the same time. I am looking to add a base for it to sit in, like the earth was built up and around the stompa. Then add scaffolding around it. Finally have a built up structure to one side that will have the cranes on it with the different pieces of the stompa on it.

As for painting I am looking to do a zenithal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fafjRGXAGk) type painting with black on the bottom and white on top, then spray it yellow (no sense in not have a bad moon stompa, they're are the only ones that can afford it) all around. From my battle wagon that I sprayed black then red, the lines from the black still look pretty good. I imagine it'll look better with with the yellow and the white.

Ebay
So there this new show on Netflix my wife and I are watching. It is about tidying up your house. I thought I could do that in the garage and found a bunch of stuff to sell on eBay. I've been a member of eBay since 1997, so I've seen how it changes. Let me tell you, there is a world of difference between now and even 5 years ago in selling. I ended up selling a bunch of my old books, a gray knights army, and some bits. All told, got about $300. I immediately re-invested that in the game and got some lootas, storm boys, and some scenery. I am thinking about making scenery and selling it cheap on "the Bay" and try to make money to spend on 40k stuff... not sure if that'll work. Last time I did that, I ended up liking the scenery too much and ended up keeping it.

Games
I played one game since last post, and it was a game of Kill Team (KT). Wow, that was a fun system. It is different enough that it isn’t 40k, but enough alike it, that it is. If that made sense to you, you’ve probably all ready played KT. I played my orks, but made two lists for my Nid’s and tried one for my Marines, but I did not know what the names of the models were, felt like such a noob. I think I made a beardy list, with two power klaws, two deff guns (one each a specialist) and really no regular boys and a gretchin leader (that just made great sense fluff wise).


 I played my buddy’s AdMech army. He only have a few models, so he had limited choice, but I had 4,000 points to choose from in orks and 3,000 in Nids. I won, mainly because of my 42 point combat specialist. That boss nob is a beast in KT. I might switch out the Kustom Mega Blastas spanners for something else. I did accidently kill one of my own guys…. So orky!



Oh, and if you’ve seen the single $7 space marine kits with the random model inside and wondered what the mystery model was, here it is!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Posts

NES infatuation

Lock Down Hobby Time #1 Road Bases in 10 easy steps!